PetSafe PIF00-12917 Stay and Play Wireless Fence Review: The Safety Borderline For Your Pets
Rather than tiring yourself out with buried wires and expensive fences, you need to opt for a more convenient and comfortable safety tracking equipment for your canine partner. You could make a new pet-friendly yard which is secure for your dog using the sleek, portable, in-home unit from PetSafe -the PetSafe PIF00-12917 Stay and Play Wireless Fence. This will offer a waterproof, compact collar with rechargeable batteries that provide customized settings and protection for your dog for around ¾ acres.
PetSafe containment fence offers safety to your pet in a specified area using an electronic enclosure. The system’s basic working principle includes a perimeter wire that can be buried or fixed on your fence and a collar that is worn by your dog during his expeditions. The system offers coverage for up to a span of 10 acres using an additional wire. The most evident features of this system are listed below:
- This wireless system is lightweight, portable and can be set up in a couple of hours, spanning an area of up to 210 feet diameter.
- This system is recommended for dogs with a minimum weight of 5 pounds and with a neck size of 6-28 inches.
- It has five adjustable static correction levels and a mode that lets you choose a tone-only mode that alerts you with a beep.
- There is an automatic shut-off option that stops correction automatically after 15 seconds.
- There is flexibility in expanding the size of containment using wireless transmitters and options to add any number of pets using wireless collars.
- The collar is waterproof, designed ergonomically and comes with built in rechargeable batteries that charges in 2-3 hours.
Just as any other containment device, PetSafe also has the limitation of giving proper signals depending on the topography, terrain and presence of metal. The company had upgraded this system with a 67% smaller version transmitter that fits into any space with 210 feet containment area. The collars are now designed to fit customized straps and are way lighter than older formats. The kit comes with a transmitter unit, 150 meter perimeter wire, receiver with adjustable collar, 50 training flags and user manual.
|Type||Wireless Dog Fence|
|Product weight||1.9 kilo grams|
|Product dimension||21.8 x 19.8 x 26.9 cm|
PetSafe PIF00-12917 Stay and Play Wireless Fence is one of the best wireless dog fences to offer safety during your park ride, vacations etc. with same training requirement for every move. With the expected life span of 3-5 years, this is a great addition to offer added safety to your dog in and around your house or your specified areas. If you have a fairly flat terrain with boundaries spanning for up to 10 acres, this system should very well work for you, with the lightweight collar adding safety mixed with comfort to you and your pet.
- Faster training for dogs in understanding and marking their boundaries.
- Waterproof collars are a big advantage for allowing no-boundary to water lovers.
- You don't have to keep on changing batteries due to inbuilt rechargeable batteries.
- Keeps your dog safe and secure in the containment area.
- Lightweight collar gives ample comfort to your dog.
- The system comes with 210 feet span that can be expanded further for up to 10 acres, if required.
- The product comes with a three year warranty.
- At times the collar gives the dog static signals even if it is within the boundary.
- The product is reviewed to be not-so-durable in many cases, but the three year warranty can be used as a good option to cover this.